Nonograms appeared at the end of the 20th century and became popular all over the world. They are also known as Japanese crosswords, Japanese puzzles, Griddlers, Paint by Numbers, Picross, hanjie etc.
Japanese crossword is a very popular puzzle game.
In the Nonograms, unlike conventional crosswords and arrowwords, a picture instead of words is conceal by means of numbers.
Please have a look at these black-n-white Nonograms. They are divided into several groups by resolution depending on the crossword width and height.
If you like Philippine puzzles, you will definitely like Nonograms too.
All Nonograms have their own single solution.
The grid is formed by horizontal and vertical lines. Numbers on the top and on the left show the sequence order of blocks of filled-in squares horizontally and vertically correspondingly. The blocks are unbroken, and two nearby blocks must have at least one empty (unfilled) cell in between.
The blocks follow one another exactly in the order shown by the corresponding numbers.
Nonograms are solved in the following way:
– First, you need to determine which cells are to be filled;
– Second, you need to determine which cells cannot be filled: these are marked with crosses.
This process is repeated until the crossword is solved.
– More than a thousand of free Japanese crosswords of various width and height sizes (10×10, 15×15, 20×20, 25×25, 30×30 etc);
– Zoom mode allows you to solve even large Japanese crosswords;
– Portrait and landscape orientation support;
– Undo option (up to 100 actions can be undone);
– Light and dark color scheme support;
– Font size is automatically changed depending on the size of the crossword and your device screen orientation and size.
If you think of yourself as a genuine enthusiast of Nonograms you absolutely have to give JCross a try! This original Crossword Painter is without any doubt a remarkable representative of its genre. Just think about it: why download several different apps when you can have one with tons of various Picrosses already in it and a lot more on their way. It really doesn’t matter whether you want to rack your brains by doing a sophisticated Nonogram or you need a trivial Paint by Numbers to kill time – JCross has all of them!
Put it all together with some nice intuitive interface tempered in the best testing rooms and JCross is what you get. My God, can this app be more awesome? Just download it already while it’s still free!
Please visit our web site to find detailed instructions on solving Nonograms: http://popapp.org/Apps/Details?id=3#tutorial
– automatic saving your progress on the cloud (Google drive) and share it across your devices;